By means of process optimization we reveal saving potentials for our customers processes, focusing on increased energy and resource efficiency.
Throughout the simulation, different options for heat recovery, process combinations and/or process strategies can be examined and evaluated.
- Lower fixed and variable costs
- Higher energy and resource efficiency
- Decreased carbon emissions
- Increased purities, yields and process flexibility
How it works
Process optimization ensures the maximization/minimization of one or multiple variables while acknowledging the natural constraints of a process.
For that purpose PrimeUnit applies optimization algorithms already implemented in CHEMCAD as well as custom programmed optimization tools.
Usually a simulation is first enhanced by simple sensitivity studies and engineering techniques (pinch point analysis, etc.).
Optimization resembles a much more detailed approach, resulting in optimal process performance though usually to the expense of increased mathematical complexity.
- Prior to the exchange of confidential data a Non-Disclosure agreement (NDA) is being issued between the client and PrimeUnit if requested.
- After that, the client provides all available data regarding the process (P&ID, old process documentation, measured data, existing simulation data, etc.) and PrimeUnit will generate a process simulation strategy incorporating existing models and/or custom models.
- In case of missing thermodynamic data, PrimeUnit will examine the availability via subcontractors in case the client is not able to provide additional data sets.
- Once a rigorous model is set up it is continuously improved and validated through the client’s process data until an acceptable deviation is reached.
- PrimeUnit will then use the validated model to obtain superior performance results, thus minimizing energy and resource demand and/or maximizing yield.
- Finally the results are displayed through an in-house presentation of the process optimization and the project is completed by the delivery of a detailed documentation as well as the simulation files.